• Not Answered

Getting a second opinion.

My 14-year-old son has Crohn's Disease, and has been in pain for about 18 months. Our specialist has tried various drugs, yet he still shows all symptoms (pain, diarrhea, bloody stool). Our doctor is now talking about a serious 3-step surgery that would involve removing his colon. We would like to see a different doctor to get another opinion. We have BCBS HMO. Is this possible, and how do I go about doing it. 

4 Replies