Is an adult child caring for an ailing parent able to be compensated?

 i.e. my father is covered by bcbsil, and needs constant attention for multiple conditions leaving me unable to seek employment while caring for him. is there any compensation possible for an adult child caregiver in this situation? I would feel more comfortable discussing specifics privately if possible.